Almost a decade ago, CrossFit began its mission to 'Forge Elite Fitness' in a small, garage-like space in Santa Cruz, California. This first box started with a neighborhood of local athletes, service members, policemen, firefighters, mothers, fathers, and friends. In short order, it grew into a community of momentous proportions. Today, the CrossFit program has exploded on a scale of extraordinary magnitude, both nationally and internationally.
Become a Sponsor and/or Vendor
Here are some quantifiable measurements on the CrossFit community:
- CrossFit.com sees over 4 million unique visitors per month
- There are over 2,500 CrossFit-affiliated gyms worldwide
- Over 15,000 trainers per year attend CrossFit Level 1 seminars
- CrossFit has over 100,000 followers, with the number growing by 1,500 fans per week
The CrossFit Games has been referred to as the "Woodstock of Fitness." For three days, the fittest people on Earth converge on the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA to participate in a grueling multi-day, multi-event competition. The 5th Annual CrossFit Games will attract thousands of spectators, including sponsors and vendors, from all over the world joining in the fun and competition. For those who can't attend, no need to feel left out, the Games competition will be broadcasted internationally.
Here are some details about the 2011 CrossFit Games:
- $1M prize purse for winners (sponsored by Reebok)
- Anticipated 26,000 participants at the onset of the Games season
- Anticipated audience of 5 million
- Internet web stream of 2011 CrossFit Games
The CrossFit Games are the proving grounds for the most elite fitness program in the world. This is the only place where an athlete can be crowned the Fittest on Earth.